Cambridge, Boston and Environs
The moon rises over the Charles River as the lights of Dunster House and the Weeks Footbridge.
- The Boston area is often referred to as America's premier "college town" with 200,000 students in 50 institutions.
- Just as Harvard has undergone sweeping changes in recent years, Cambridge and Boston have been renewed and revitalized.
- Cosmopolitan, full of history and colonial charm, the area has the best of an old seaport town combined with a new infrastructure that is world-class by any standard.
- A superb public transportation system with a station in the heart of Harvard Square can transport students to downtown Boston in 15 minutes.
- Public transportation also enables students to take a quick trip to Cape Cod beaches, the mountains, or even nearby Thoreau's Walden Pond.